A single 1 mL dose provides protection for life.
Following whole flock vaccination, producers should see:
- Significant decrease in the number of clinically affected animals over time
- Decrease in the number of mortalities associated with OJD
- Gradual decrease in the prevalence of infection within the flock
- Notable decrease in faecal M.paratuberculosis shedding.
Inactivated (killed) vaccine and will not introduce the disease into the flock.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- Active immunisation for the control of ovine Johne’s disease and reduction of faecal Mycobacterium paratuberculosis shedding in sheep.
- Active immunisation as an aid in the control of Johne’s disease in goats.
- It’s strongly recommended to use the Gudair Sekurus® 1mL Safety vaccinator when administering Gudair and use a 6mm, ¼ inch needle.
- Its safety features reduce the risk of accidental self-injection.
THE ZOETIS ADVANTAGE
Gudair is a highly effective tool to prevent and control Ovine Johne’s disease
- A single 1mL Gudair dose is effective for life.
- Gudair will decrease OJD shedding by more than 90% in high disease sheep flocks.
- Gudair will decrease OJD mortalities by greater than 90% in high disease sheep flocks.
- Gudair delays shedding and onset of clinical signs by more than 12 months.
- Vaccinate lambs at 4-16 weeks of age will be classified as an ‘Approved Vaccinate’.
- Safe for use in older sheep and during all stages of pregnancy.